So you want to duplicate a page or post in WordPress?
Here’s a simple way to give your WordPress website the ability to copy blog posts and pages that you’ve already created just by clicking a button.
What Are the Benefits of Duplicating a WordPress Page or Post?
Here are three reasons why you might benefit from being able to quickly duplicate a WordPress page/post:
- Keep to the same structure or layout of the original post or page.
- Update an old article that you might need to save as a draft when adding new content.
- Saves you time rather than creating a page or post from scratch.
Keep to the same structure – If your post or page has a particular layout or structure and you need to create a new page or post with many of the same features then you can duplicate a post and then just update the content of the newly duplicated post or page.
Update an old article – If you want to update an old article but you need a few days to make changes to the new content you’re adding then you could duplicate the old post and then work on the duplicated version, saving it as a draft until it is complete. Then you’ll just need to delete the published one, quickly change the permalink to match the old post and then republish the new one.
Saves time – Whatever it is you need to duplicate pages and posts for, it can significantly save you time and keep your workflow productive.
Duplicate Posts and Pages in WordPress
Here Are the Steps You Need to Take to Duplicate WordPress Posts and Pages
- Go to the plugins area in your WordPress admin.
- Search for the plugin Duplicate Posts.
- Click on Install Now and then activate the pluigin.
- Now go over to your WordPress Posts and you’ll notice there’s a clone link that shows when you hover over the posts, (the same goes for your pages).
- Click on clone and it’ll create a copy of that post.
- The new post will be saved as a Draft.
Step 1: Add the plugin
Go to the plugins area in your WordPress admin and click Add New.
Step 2: Search for ‘Duplicate Post’
Search for the plugin Duplicate Post. Click Install Now and then Activate.
Step 3: Clone feature has now been added
Now go over to your WordPress Posts or Pages and you’ll notice there’s a clone link that shows when you hover over the posts. Click on Clone to duplicate the page or post.
Step 4: Clone the post or page
The new post or page will be created and set as a Draft. You can now edit it and update the content.
And you’re all done!